Website Sigma Information Group
Currently seeking an experienced technical consultant to develop hands-on skills and technical proficiency to grow into a future consultant position in Austin, TX. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field and familiarity with modern operating systems.
The Level 1 Associate Consultant completes critical infrastructure management tasks, provides Tier 1 support to clients and configures new computers for deployment. This role assists Sigma consultants in the completion of various skill/experience-appropriate tasks both in-house and at our clients’ offices, including new computer/device installation, peripheral connections and networking cabling. Other work includes assembling equipment quotations, monitoring alert conditions and interfacing with Sigma vendors.
- Using a range of reporting tools, evaluate alerts and sub-optimal conditions and escalate to appropriate Consultant.
- Provide daily inspection of upcoming expiry items and communicate with appropriate Consultants.
- Based on predefined schedules, complete client infrastructure management tasks.
- Visually inspect server patch status, backups, logs, anti-virus, email and hardware checks.
- Provide automated remote monitoring of backups, ping status, disk space, etc.
- Under Consultant direction and following client-specific procedures, unpack, patch and test new client computers (workstations and laptops). If required, install various software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Deliver, install and test computers, peripherals and other devices as directed by Consultant.
- As directed, take ownership for resolving Tier 1 support requests, including; virus scans/removals, password resets and device problems (printers, mice, monitors).
- Manage and supervise Sigma’s lab space.
- Ensure equipment and parts are well organized, identified and easily accessible.
- Supervise check out/check in of tool kits.
- Enter tickets for time spent on both client and Sigma (internal) work.
- Seek assistance in solving client problem from sponsoring Consultant and if unable to quickly determine course of resolution, escalate to Consultant or Director of Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with modern operating systems including Windows 7 and Windows Server
- Basic knowledge of networking and security concepts
- Comfortable with handling computer hardware including adding additional RAM and replacing hard drives, video cards and network cards
- Capable of basic problem identification/escalation and providing basic technical support including virus removal and software installation
- Physically capable of picking up and moving computer hardware
- Strong desire to build skill-set through self-directed education and coursework that lead desirable certifications
- Aspiration to become full-time Sigma IT Consultant
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Remote work for eligible employees
- Simple IRA for eligible employees
- Cell phone stipend
- Class A office space
- Stocked snack bat
- Company sponsored outings
- Weekly breakfast tacos
To apply for this job please visit sigmainfo.recruiterbox.com.