Website Sigma Information Group
The IT consultant will have the opportunity to manage the technology infrastructures for multiple clients in a variety of different industries. This includes supporting and maintaining servers, desktops, firewalls, network equipment, software applications, backup systems, and more. We are looking for a technologically-savvy, detail-oriented, and self-motivated achiever who can provide outstanding service for our clients.
A Sigma consultant must have excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to handle multiple clients, projects, and deadlines while maintaining the ability to handle unexpected situations. Additionally, he/she must be able to handle a high level of autonomy while being able to work with and contribute to the rest of the team. Sigma consultants wear many hats and are able to remove viruses one day, solve complex server problems the next, and present high level IT strategies to executives the next.
Sigma Information Group, Inc. has been providing the highest level of technology services to clients in Austin and throughout the US for over 18 years. We provide a variety of technical solutions for small and medium-sized businesses including managed IT services, project management, managed cloud services, backup and disaster recovery solutions, and web and application development. If it has an on/off switch, we manage it for our customers.
The Sigma team consists of intelligent and motivated individuals from a variety of backgrounds that each contribute equally to the success of the company. Consultants at Sigma are excellent problem solvers with a unique ability to explain technical details to non-technical customers. Our customers expect a high level of service and professionalism and our consultants ensure that they receive it while managing realistic expectations.
- Deploy complex solutions involving a variety of technologies, including Exchange, VMWare and Windows Server.
- Build new network and server environments and perform physical to virtual conversions.
- Install physical network, server and desktop equipment for customers.
- Manage, maintain, and upgrade existing servers, networks and desktops.
- Maintain healthy working relationships with multiple customers, manage customer expectations, and regularly communicate project status to customer contacts.
- Understand customer business processes and goals and recommend technology solutions to improve those processes or achieve those goals.
- Solve complex technical problems including desktop viruses, software deployments, server and desktop hardware issues, and software problems.
- Manage complex technology projects including coordinating internal and external resources.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-3 years of IT management experience.
- 1+ years as a network/system administrator, IT manager, or IT consultant.
- Prior experience handling multiple customers at an IT consultancy or MSP a big plus
- Knowledge of common business operating systems and applications, including Windows, Windows Server, and Office.
- A solid understanding of network technology and related concepts, such as LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, SMTP, etc.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Exchange, VMWare, Hyper-V, Remote Desktop Services, Windows Server, SQL Server, Check Point and other firewalls, Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Office 365
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to interface professionally with customer executives and employees.
- Ability to see problems through to resolution and communicate progress and results to customers.
- Microsoft Exchange
- Remote Desktop Services
- Windows Server
- SQL Server
- Check Point and other firewalls
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Client Operating Systems
- Microsoft Azure
- Office 365
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Remote work for eligible employees
- Simple IRA for eligible employees
- Cell phone stipend
- Class A office space
- Stocked snack bar
- Company sponsored outings
- Weekly breakfast tacos
To apply for this job please visit sigmainfo.recruiterbox.com.